Growing Older with Style & Grace
by Dr. Dale V. Atkins, November 2005
No matter what your age, it's a proven fact that we grow older with each passing day. But aging does not have to be a battle to wage. Instead it can be an enriching process that brings us to different phases in our life adding clarity, wisdom and growth.
People who grow old successfully focus on the GROWING and not on the OLD. They incorporate into their lives what is really important to them such as enjoyable work, meaningful relationships and emotional, physical, and spiritual health and well being.
Here are some Sanity Savers to help you enhance your life as you focus on growing older with style and grace.
1. Have a Positive Mental Attitude - Incorporate a Glass is Half Full perspective every day.
2. Allocate Your Time Wisely - Time is precious. Make the most of every minute. Change your attitude about stressful or draining situations.
3. Challenge Yourself - Find new ways to stimulate your life. Learn a new skill, take an interesting workshop or sign up for those art classes you've always wanted to take.
4. Think and Act Creatively - There are many solutions to life's challenges. Go outside of the box and look for win-win situations that use your creative talents.
5. Have passion - Live life with vigor and zest!
6. Nurture Relationships - Life is a series of relationships with yourself and others. Alone time is essential and allows us to self reflect. Time spent with loved ones is best when gratifying and meaningful. You are blessed if you have friends of all ages.
7. Keep an Interest in the World - Stay aware of what's going on around you and keep abreast of current events. Knowing that we are all part of a larger whole keeps us involved and interested in living.
8. Stay Present - Concentrate on the "now". Worries about the future or regrets from the past are unproductive.
9. Be grateful - Find ways to appreciate and give thanks to everything and everyone in your life. Contribute by making the world a better place.
10. Connect with your Spirituality - Practice prayer, meditation, breathing or visualization to align with your spiritual self. 11. Live Healthfully - Stay physically active, eat nutritiously and monitor your health (get regular check-ups).
Copyright - Disclaimer - Limitation Of Liability
DrDaleAtkins.com © 2001-2015 All Rights Reserved
Sanity Savers is a trademark of Dr. Dale Atkins
Digital ... with a human(e) touch